Friday, January 31, 2020

Dream Time

                                                                     

Last night
I tried my best
to kill myself.

I was in a brightly lit gymnasium
empty except for a cot, a stool,
and a white coffee mug.

I drank whatever
was in the white mug
laid down on the cot
slipped away and came back.

A stronger dose was needed
so I got up, walked over to the stool
and drank out of the same white cup
expecting a “better” result.

The second time I came to
counselors – older women in black –
had arrived and were talking amongst themselves.

A friend

(ask and I’ll tell, otherwise protecting the innocent)

ushered me out of the gym
and into his pickup.

He drove me to a gun shop
to try an ice-cream sundae
made out of snakes.

He was sure that
would
          snap me out of it.

Maybe it did.


RW
Guanajuato, Mex
01.29.2020

(photo:  storenvy.com)





No comments:

Post a Comment