Wednesday, January 22, 2020

DREAD




Dread has taken up residence
in my never placid imagination

as if the next conflagration
were coming for me and I’m running
from dream-terror getting nowhere.

At my trial
the jury box is packed
with kangaroos, koalas
and crippled veterans of foreign wars

my defense’s mouth is sealed
with that ever useful petroleum product

duct tape

melting into her throat.

The charge is Ecocide
our greatest absurdity

the garden we’ve made into a shit-hole has become a fire pit

and we’re stockpiling

batteries
bullets
and bibles.

Oh say can you see clearly now the day has come bursting air red glare tattered cloth inverted hung out to dry in the Australian bush that’s everywhere.

Think nothing of it
follow the boss over the cliff
there might be a job down there

Dread is shorting my circuits

we should all be pissing our pants.


RW
Guanajuato, Mex
01.05.2020

(photo:  unattibuted)




No comments:

Post a Comment