Tuesday, May 1, 2018

INVISIBLE

HIGH SOCIETY - Magritte

Herman Hesse
taught me
the trick to being

invisible.

Don’t remember
which book

I read so many
a half-century ago
waking up in Chicago

I did the trick
a few times.                

First time
on south side
hot streets
blaring and glaring

I was scared –

I’d never seen
so many black people
in one place
at one time

I worked the magic

and was thinking

this is amazing
no one is paying attention –

I’m invisible.

The fact of the matter
that I didn’t put together
‘til later –

nobody was paying attention
because nobody much cared.

There were
other opportunities

don’t know
if it ever worked.

The only way to know
was for me not to see

me...

Truth -

cigarettes, dope, and whiskey




they worked.


RW
Seattle
5/1/18



No comments:

Post a Comment