Sunday, November 24, 2019

FEAR

(photo:  mine, Oaxaca,Mex)



FEAR

I dreamed I stabbed a deer and laid it on its side. It spoke to me and did not die.


FEARS

return
over & again

close the door
they seep
across your threshold

seal the windows
they find their way
as drafts

spray all the repellent
you and your wizards can devise
and they will dress themselves
from your closet

ignore them
and they will pester
                  your sleep.               

   *

Open your arms

watch them
step forward  stumble back
unsure of the tune
you’ve called

Set the table

and they will
gorge themselves
into
skeletons
and
smoke

Breathe easy

the wind
will
carry
them
away

I dreamed I stabbed a deer
and laid it on its side

It spoke to me, and did not die.

RW
Guanajuato, Mex.
11.23.2019

Artemio Rodriguez



No comments:

Post a Comment