Thursday, June 20, 2019

SIGNS


SIGNS

A friend and I were visiting over coffee, and our conversation rolled around to current events and the sense of doom so many of us feel.

Something was said, I don’t remember what or by whom, I do remember

          (and even stepped aside and watched myself)

making the sign of the cross to ward off danger and enact a blessing on both of us.

My friend nodded his/her head and said

          Yeah

and the conversation moved on

the ancient act so oddly apropos.


ALL THE SIGNS

that say religion
are only that
because some guys
painted them so.

We can

shake off the orthodoxy
and allow the practices
to mean something more.

The sign of the cross
connects head to core
shoulder to shoulder

          body’s energy
          four elements
          cardinal points
          universal field

no blood sacrifice necessary.



RW
Seattle
06.20.2019






RW
Seattle
06.20.2019



No comments:

Post a Comment