Sunday, December 9, 2018



SEATTLE WALKING BLUES
 (w/locations where inspired)



There’s a hole in the city                   (Red Apple removal – 23d & Jackson)
where its heart used to be
filling up with concrete
deep as the sea                                   

Every rose has a garden                     (Neighbor’s yard – over the fence)
every spider has a web                       (All week - my yard)
But I don’t have a bed to sleep in       (Not true, I do)

Crows are bedraggled                         (3d & Jackson)
pavement’s hot
my engine’s running
and my brakes are shot

Blocking up the intersection               (4th  & Jackson)
bees in my head
pedestrians are pissed
wishing I was dead

Every rose has a garden
every spider has a web
But I don’t have a bed to sleep in

Sure wanna’ leave here                      (Neighborhood)
would really like to go                         (not really)
and believe me brother
I’d go fast, not slow

Million dollar houses                         (Neighborhood)
coming up on every block
people walking ‘doodles
never look to talk

Every rose has a garden
every spider has a web
But I don’t have a bed to sleep in
No I don’t have a bed to sleep in
Don’t even have a bed to sleep in.


RW
Seattle

(photo:  three cranes in an empty sky - 23d & Jackson)

No comments:

Post a Comment