Thursday, November 29, 2018

LATE NOVEMBER




FOR BOBBY LESSER

Remember that two dollar bill you gave me
with the dime taped to it?

I’ve been wondering for awhile
how to pass it along.

Joey almost got it a couple times
as a love gift – the way I got it.

Tonight, a young guy tossed a two dollar bill
into the basket.  Said it was the last of his money.

I grabbed him after, and gave him our  two bucks with the dime
taped to it.  Said, see that, you came out ahead.

I knew that bill wasn’t going to stay
in my wallet
forever.

***

My neighbor drove by
and waved out the window.

There was a gray smudge over
what I was seeing.

I didn’t think about it
but it got filed.

I waved back.

The next day he dropped over dead.

He was marked, I saw it.

What do I do with that?

***

Kerouac on Desolation:

Hot coffee
and a cigarette -
why zazen?

Remembering my own mountains:

Kick back cigarette
not a care in the world
sweet coffee chaser.
                                                   
***

WINTER
  
Feeling the melt
of that fatty piece of brisket
in my morning pho.

***

FALSE TEETH

on the shelf
grinning like false teeth

My skull
momentarily unfleshed

What an embarrassment.


RW
Seattle
11.24-11.29.2018

(photo:  Judkins Park, Seattle)



No comments:

Post a Comment