Saturday, April 21, 2018

MARCH 24, 2018


1.

I ran for the bus.

I never run for the bus.

My dad told me gentlemen didn’t step in puddles, or run for the bus.

There are people all over the world running for their lives.

I ran for the bus so I could march.


2.

I’ve been marching since 1966, the year I joined the Army.  After that I marched in Chicago.  I’ve been marching here & there, for this & that ever since.

Today, I’m marching because America, not content with its butchery off-shore, is practicing its butchery at home

in schools
night clubs
city parks
streets
back yards
living rooms
churches
the burbs

black lives white lives brown lives rainbow lives.

I’m marching because America keeps living down to its past.

I’m marching because the kids are marching.

I’m marching because I have no choice.


3.

Teenagers pleading for their lives...


 4.

Who
did
not
think
a
shooter
might
show
up?


5.

Truth

tears

respect

…Respect.




RW
Seattle
4/21/18








No comments:

Post a Comment